A great deal of speaker voice coils are now either full Aluminium or Copper Coated Aluminium (CCA) wire.
Standard 60/40 solder is not good for soldering these wires and the new lead free solders are even poorer.
The answer is ALU-SOL® – designed with this task specifically in mind. This has become hard to find and is not stocked by the general electronics suppliers.
- Easier and more reliable soldering of aluminium and aluminium alloys
- Greatly improved resistance to electrolytic corrosion (Tin/Zinc solder is poor in comparison)
- Excellent flow on aluminium, most aluminium alloys and other metals. Good penetration
- Contains 4 cores of unique flux. No separate flux required
- Compatible with standard solders
- Solders virtually all other metals including stainless steel
- Range of alloys possible with various melting temperatures
- Flux permits direct flame heating at soldering point. Gas heated iron also suitable. Thinner gauge sheet
and wires solderable directly with electric soldering iron, hot plate, oven, induction, infra-red and resistance heating
ALU 45D 4C 0.9MM S 500G Datasheet 1683972
Safety Data Sheet EN 369160